Share student artwork, via regular mail, with schools from around the world!
Our K-12 International Art Exchange is an easy way for your students to share original artwork with their peers from around the world. Following our specific guidelines, your students create artwork that depicts aspects of their culture. You mail your students' artwork via regular mail directly to OneWorld Classrooms (in Massachusetts, USA). We mail your students' art to participating schools around the world AND we mail you artwork created by students of a similar grade level from a variety of locations around the world. It's that simple!
Oneworld Classrooms K-12 International Art Exchange is:
- an easy way for K-12 classes/schools to share student-created artwork with students from around the world and develop related curriculum-based lessons
- an authentic source for learning about global cultures
- aligned with art, language arts, foreign language and social studies curricula
You must mail your artwork SO WE RECEIVE IT by:
April 16th, 2012
OneWord Classrooms will mail artwork to you by:
May 4th, 2012
Standard Exchange - Includes the following:
- For each exchange, you mail us up to 25 pieces of your students' artwork and we will mail you up to a total of 25 pieces of student artwork from 6-12 countries around the world that match or are close to your grade level. You will also receive:
- Global Art Google Earth Tours - We provide password-protected access to Google Earth tours that allow you to visit all participating schools around the world, read letters from participating teachers, and see photos and scanned art from some of the schools.
- Global Art PowerPoints - Password-protected access to PowerPoints featuring student art from different world regions.
- We also provide specific participation guidelines, labels and Email/phone support.
Tailored/Interactive Exchange - Includes the benefits above, plus:
- Tailored Art Exchange - You Email us a list of 'where your students or their ancestors come from' and we will send you student art that comes from 4-8 of those countries/regions.
- Interactive Art Exchange - We match you with one of the global schools you receive art from for a Skype exchange (or an Email Q & A exchange if you prefer or if the partner school is not able to Skype).
- 'Where in the World?' Student Art Tracking - We track your students' art and send you a report listing the various schools and countries where it ends up displayed. (For each exchange, your students art will typically end up in 6-12 different schools in different countries.)
- Global Roots Curriculum - We send you a set of activities that you may use before, during and after the exchange to explore the cultural origins of your students,' their classmates and their global peers.
- Standard Exchange -- $200/exchange
- Tailored/Interactive Exchange -- $400/exchange
FREE or 1/2 price for schools in some regions (see registration form). In partnership with the Museum of Fine Arts: Half price for schools in the Greater Boston Area.
Archived Sample Google Earth Tours
ROUND 1 2008/2009
ROUND 2 2008/2009
Amazon Rain Forest School Project
Free Travel & Learn Online Content