The following are responses to frequently asked questions about OneWorld Classrooms:
1. What happened to the Creative Connections Project and how have you changed? The Creative Connections Project started as a small Arts in Education project linking New York and Amazon Rain Forest classrooms and grew to involve classrooms from all over the US and around the world. OneWorld Classrooms, a new nonprofit organization, is the next step in our evolution. Our mission and our programs remain essentially the same and, as a nonprofit, we hope to replicate, refine and expand the original model to offer quality cross-cultural educational experiences for more schools around the world.
2. We are outside the USA. May we join? Yes, we welcome schools from every country in the world to participate. Many of our programs are FREE for schools in some world regions (see our registration form to see if your school qualifies). Schools outside the USA that register for programs with fees must make payments in American dollars (via a certified International Money Order, a bank transfer, etc.).
3. How can we get our school community involved? See our Make a Difference, Parents and Volunteers pages.
4. How can we make a significant difference in the overseas schools we are exchanging with? Many of the overseas schools we work with are needy. Your class/school can make a difference simply by participating in the project: The project opens up the world to participating students and helps them to build self-esteem as they share about themselves. You may go a step further, however, by participating in our Make a Difference program. Proceeds go towards the purchase of art materials, books, bookmaking materials, audiovisual equipment, computers and computer accessories for partner schools in the Amazon, Latin America, China and Africa.
5. Our school requires that payment for registration go through our business office. How should I handle that? The easiest way is to list your purchase order number in the Payment Options section of the registration form. We will immediately send an invoice to your business office and activate your registration. Or, if you don't know the purchase order number at the time you are registering, mail us the purchase order as soon as it is available and we will send you an invoice. (Registration will be activated upon our receipt of your purchase order or purchase order number.) Alternatively, you may simply pay with a check.
6. We can't participate this year, but would like to participate next year. Can we get on a waiting list? Simply register for our FREE Enewsletter (using the box at the top of any page). You will receive our Email bulletins which will inform you when registration for those programs is open for the next school year. Or, send an Email to email@example.com to tell us about your class/school/group..